Monday, November 3, 2014

November Flowers

"November is usually such a disagreeable
month...as if the year had suddenly found
out that she was growing old and could do
nothing but weep and fret over it. This year
is growing old gracefully...just like a stately
old lady who knows she can be charming
even with gray hair and wrinkles. We've had
lovely days and delicious twilights."
              ~L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

   The first day of November dawned chilly and within a few hours the intermittent drops of rain had turned to snow. It was as if nature knew that the time for pumpkin carving and costumes was over and winter could now blow her icy breath into the streets. I always breathe a sigh of relief when Halloween is over and the time to start thinking about Christmas begins. Black and orange are happily replaced by glitter and crystalline colours. In a rare twist though my photos for today are full of flowers! I happened upon little bundles of pale pink tulips in the store the other day and brought one home with me. They feel like a spring flower and they made me feel brighter. I also made some pretty vignettes with a few little treasures of mine including some pretty frames, jars, and a lovely lavender pillow sachet. This little purse drawing was a sketch I discovered in a file last month. It was unfinished but I thought it was pretty so I coloured it and it sits on my vanity now. 





























I am sharing with:

4 comments:

  1. So many lovely photos....I enjoyed them very much. The photos that have seam binding tied in a pretty bow really caught my eye. I don't know why I haven't worked with seam binding ...but I think your photos have inspired me to buy some and see what I can do with it! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennelise! I so much enjoy all of your pictures and your artwork. In case you didn't notice...... I live under your rug LOL. I just love love love your way of putting things together, the style, the colors, the whole atmosphere you show things around. We both were into tulips today coincidently, by the way! I love tulips. Our country, the Netherlands is filled with them every spring. Yours are very pretty! Enjoy the beginning of winter and thank you for making my world a bit more beautiful! :) Blessings, Ingeborg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and inspiring as always Jennelise, especially love your handbag artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennelise, I just love the femininity of your photos! Beautiful! Your purse drawing is darling, and I love the little polka-dotted floral container with the lid and pearls(?) inside. Well, there's so much to love about these photos: everything! :O) Blessings to you and yours, Bess

    ReplyDelete